As we wind our way near to the completion of the tour, after all the testing stages are complete and the different types of memory modules are given the final seal of approval and hence ready for consumer level usage, all the sticks of memory are stacked in trays like you can see in the following picture, waiting to be shipped out to customers. I would have loved to just take home one of those trays, but anyway.
We aren't finished quite yet though...While walking around the factory, toward the very end of the tour, I noticed a stick of memory (shock horror) lying around by its lonesome, but with a difference - The PCB was actually yellow in color. Curious as to why this was the case, I asked a near by Kingmax staff member for some answers. Their response was somewhat vague but basically said that the yellow PCB symbolizes they are for the Chinese market only.
Kingmax let us into a few extra surprises during the tour which they have in store for the in the not-so-distant future, but I am restricted in exactly what I can say right now...Let's just say enthusiasts will be very pleased with the new features, case modders in particular, more so.
That concludes our tour of the Kingmax and Kingpak fabs - I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Ken and Mos from Kingmax for making the tours possible, your hospitality was much appreciated and the tours were most enjoyable.
Back we go to down town Taipei!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 2 [Inside Kingpak]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 3 [Inside Kingpak Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 4 [Inside Kingmax]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 5 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 6 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit