Out of both of the factory tours, the Kingmax tour was the one I was really look forward to and ended up enjoying the most. It was a great experience to see what went on within Kingpak although the Kingmax tour was somewhat more hands on and was a really exciting experience to see the sticks of memory being produced from the original bare sheet of PCB to the finished product, ready to be shipped after being fully tested and marked good to go.
Kingmax hardly require any introduction - The large Taiwanese headquartered company with offices all around the world produce a range of different memory products for the consumer varying from standard SDRAM, to notebook memory all the way through to flash memory - all of which we got to see being produced. If you want to learn a little more about Kingmax, once again, I refer you back to the interview I conducted while on the Computex show floor with the director of the company, Mr. Joe Liu.
After taking a look through the Kingmax offices and even taking a break out to sit with the Kingmax staff in their rather large cafe tier for some traditional Chinese food, it was time to hit the factory floor to see what goes on within Kingmax. Keep your eyes open, Kingmax are actively testing DDR-400 to prep it for release later this year, and it just so happens we saw the results from the testing. You might be saying about now, "So what, I have already seen DDR-400 memory on the market for sale " Well, while that may be true to a certain degree, the difference with Kingmax DDR-400 is it is actually DDR-400, and not overclocked DDR-333 - More on that later in the tour, for now let's continue on with the show.
For the Kingmax tour the pictures will be presented from the very beginning of production to the finished product. We especially asked Kingmax to show us around this way as it gives us a better idea of how the product is produced, plus it makes it easier to write about from my prospective. :)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 2 [Inside Kingpak]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 3 [Inside Kingpak Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 4 [Inside Kingmax]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 5 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 6 [Inside Kingmax Continued]
- Kingmax and Kingpak Tour - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit