The Layout - Continued
Now that we have covered the exciting upper half of the P55-UD6, we can move on to the lower half of the board. As with the rest of the P55-UD6, it follows a traditional ATX layout. We see the typical number of PCI-E slots and of course the throw back PCI slots. As we mentioned earlier, the top PCI-E x1 slot is pretty much useless, as is the one located directly below the primary PCI-E x16 slot.
I have no idea what the designers were thinking here. It makes no sense at all to include these slots if they are not going to be usable by the majority of people. This board is obviously aimed at enthusiasts, so you can expect a dual-slot cooler GPU in this position.
When we had our "date" with the P55-UD6 GIGABYTE was still planning for a total of 10 (yes, 10) SATA ports. There would be six SATA-II and four SATA-6G ports.
Unfortunately we have just recently learned that there are some issues with the Marvell controller used (shown below). This has caused a last minute redesign of the board.
We do not have any word on what will take the Marvell SATA-6G controllers place, but it could be another SATA controller to maintain the tracing layout that is already in place.
GIGABYTE has also included a set of diagnostic LEDs to help you with any POST-time trouble shooting. Some of you will also be happy to know that there is still a legacy PATA-IDE port as well as a floppy port.
For the I/O side of the board we see that GIGABYTE is maintaining its usual plethora (yes, I know what a plethora is) of connectivity options.
There are eight USB 2.0 slots and what also appears to be two powered e-SATA ports. Further to that is Toslink and Coaxial digital audio out, a dual purpose keyboard/mouse PS/2 port, FireWire 400 and 800, Dual Gigabit LAN and the usual six-port analogue audio outputs.
Below we've included a few more images of the P55-UD6 for your viewing pleasure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit