Western Digital was able to improve on their original 2TB consumer drive and produced an enterprise drive that is packed full of advanced technology that improves the performance for the enterprise market. As we saw today the RE4-GP really shines when used in RAID 0, but due to the large amount of data that would be put on the line I would suggest RAID 5 with three or more drives or RAID 10 with four drives.
As you can imagine, that could get pretty expensive since each drive is going to cost you right around 320 Dollars each. I would like to have been able to find the drive at Newegg or some of the other low cost e-tailers, but was unable to at this stage. I have to wonder what the price would have been from one of these sellers.
When it comes to mega storage for your database, web server, NAS server or just your supped up desktop, the Western Digital RE4-GP will deliver your data quickly, but there are other drives on the market that are just as fast.
Western Digital is still holding the 2TB drives under the green flag and the drives do live up to their designation. The drive runs cool and consumes less power than others in its class.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [OEM Packaging and the Western Digital RE4-GP]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower