Western Digital was able to improve on their original 2TB consumer drive and produced an enterprise drive that is packed full of advanced technology that improves the performance for the enterprise market. As we saw today the RE4-GP really shines when used in RAID 0, but due to the large amount of data that would be put on the line I would suggest RAID 5 with three or more drives or RAID 10 with four drives.
As you can imagine, that could get pretty expensive since each drive is going to cost you right around 320 Dollars each. I would like to have been able to find the drive at Newegg or some of the other low cost e-tailers, but was unable to at this stage. I have to wonder what the price would have been from one of these sellers.
When it comes to mega storage for your database, web server, NAS server or just your supped up desktop, the Western Digital RE4-GP will deliver your data quickly, but there are other drives on the market that are just as fast.
Western Digital is still holding the 2TB drives under the green flag and the drives do live up to their designation. The drive runs cool and consumes less power than others in its class.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [OEM Packaging and the Western Digital RE4-GP]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon