Abit LAN Party!
When the conferences and tours were over, we were led up to Abit's bar for a night of LAN gaming and pizza! After stuffing our faces with as much pizza and beer we could get our hands on, we decided it was time to fire up a game of Jedi Knight 2 and later on, Quake 3 Arena.
The computers that were set up especially for the LAN party were nothing short of amazing. There were two separate "teams" located at opposite ends of the room: the light side, and the dark side. The dark side consisted of top-of-the-range Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz processors running on Abit IT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards. These were housed in black Lian-Li enclosures that even come with pre-installed window kits. The light side, on the other hand, consisted of systems running AMD AthlonXP 2100+ processors running on Abit AT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards, this time in silver Lian-Li cases. All systems had ultra sharp Neovo LCD monitors and were either equipped with corded or cordless Logitech optical mice. Note to self: never use a cordless mouse for gaming again.
Soon enough, everyone was in the gaming mood and the beer was flowing. The first picture below shows Stewart from The DDR Zone using the force, or at least trying to ;). The second picture is Andrew from Legion Hardware falling asleep at his keyboard - fragging gets tiring you know! The final picture is me (left) and Lyle Wagner, Abit marketing specialist (right) fighting to destroy the evil that is the dark side.
Cameron and I were doing TweakTown proud in the Jedi Knight II games, but as anyone who was there will tell you, we were absolutely demolished by the Legion Hardware guys in Quake 3 Arena - good work Steve!
At about 1am we decided that it was time to call it a night, hopped into a cab and headed back to our hotel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit