Abit LAN Party!
When the conferences and tours were over, we were led up to Abit's bar for a night of LAN gaming and pizza! After stuffing our faces with as much pizza and beer we could get our hands on, we decided it was time to fire up a game of Jedi Knight 2 and later on, Quake 3 Arena.
The computers that were set up especially for the LAN party were nothing short of amazing. There were two separate "teams" located at opposite ends of the room: the light side, and the dark side. The dark side consisted of top-of-the-range Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz processors running on Abit IT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards. These were housed in black Lian-Li enclosures that even come with pre-installed window kits. The light side, on the other hand, consisted of systems running AMD AthlonXP 2100+ processors running on Abit AT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards, this time in silver Lian-Li cases. All systems had ultra sharp Neovo LCD monitors and were either equipped with corded or cordless Logitech optical mice. Note to self: never use a cordless mouse for gaming again.
Soon enough, everyone was in the gaming mood and the beer was flowing. The first picture below shows Stewart from The DDR Zone using the force, or at least trying to ;). The second picture is Andrew from Legion Hardware falling asleep at his keyboard - fragging gets tiring you know! The final picture is me (left) and Lyle Wagner, Abit marketing specialist (right) fighting to destroy the evil that is the dark side.
Cameron and I were doing TweakTown proud in the Jedi Knight II games, but as anyone who was there will tell you, we were absolutely demolished by the Legion Hardware guys in Quake 3 Arena - good work Steve!
At about 1am we decided that it was time to call it a night, hopped into a cab and headed back to our hotel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new patch adds replayable missions, tweaks loot
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!