Abit LAN Party!
When the conferences and tours were over, we were led up to Abit's bar for a night of LAN gaming and pizza! After stuffing our faces with as much pizza and beer we could get our hands on, we decided it was time to fire up a game of Jedi Knight 2 and later on, Quake 3 Arena.
The computers that were set up especially for the LAN party were nothing short of amazing. There were two separate "teams" located at opposite ends of the room: the light side, and the dark side. The dark side consisted of top-of-the-range Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz processors running on Abit IT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards. These were housed in black Lian-Li enclosures that even come with pre-installed window kits. The light side, on the other hand, consisted of systems running AMD AthlonXP 2100+ processors running on Abit AT7 MAX motherboards with Abit Siluro Ti4400 graphics cards, this time in silver Lian-Li cases. All systems had ultra sharp Neovo LCD monitors and were either equipped with corded or cordless Logitech optical mice. Note to self: never use a cordless mouse for gaming again.
Soon enough, everyone was in the gaming mood and the beer was flowing. The first picture below shows Stewart from The DDR Zone using the force, or at least trying to ;). The second picture is Andrew from Legion Hardware falling asleep at his keyboard - fragging gets tiring you know! The final picture is me (left) and Lyle Wagner, Abit marketing specialist (right) fighting to destroy the evil that is the dark side.
Cameron and I were doing TweakTown proud in the Jedi Knight II games, but as anyone who was there will tell you, we were absolutely demolished by the Legion Hardware guys in Quake 3 Arena - good work Steve!
At about 1am we decided that it was time to call it a night, hopped into a cab and headed back to our hotel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower