A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities
The first thing we did when we arrived at Abit HQ was took a tour around the Abit R&D area. This is the place where Abit research and test all of their upcoming products for stability, compatibility, etc, as well as compare them to the competition from Asus, MSI, Gigabyte etc. Here is a picture of what the area looks like:
Motherboards, graphics cards, RAID controllers, USB 2.0 controllers, BIOS chips and many other tech goodies were scattered all over the area and we saw more than one test bed running 3DMark 2001 SE demos - good choice Abit!
One of the more interesting things we saw in the R&D area was a Maxtor SerialATA hard drive being tested on an Abit IT7-S motherboard. Until now, we have not seen any SerialATA hard drives other the Fujitsu ones that were being displayed on the show floor here at Computex. Seeing as Abit have already obtained a Maxtor SerialATA drive, we should be seeing the other major hard drive manufacturers come out with their SerialATA drives in the not too distant future, now that motherboards are available to provide support for the new standard.
We were also shown inside Abit's EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Chamber. The purpose of this chamber is to test the extent to which a piece of hardware will tolerate electrical interference from other equipment, and will interfere with other equipment. As you can see in the first picture below, the chamber even has its own email address!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 2 [A Tour of Abit's R&D Facilities]
- Computex 2002 Coverage - Page 3 [A Chat with Abit Engineers]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off Switch VR kits in action
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced