AMD had possibly the largest stand we've seen so far at the show. They were displaying all sorts of products ranging from their partner's AMD-based motherboards, to notebooks, to quad opteron machines. Much of what was displayed at AMD's stand has already been discussed in our day 1 coverage of the AMD Press Conference, however, there were a few interesting things at AMD's stand that i'd like to tell you about.
Hidden away in the corner of AMD's booth amongst the KT333 and Hammer motherboards was a reference board based on the KT400 chipset. VIA have kept quiet about the KT400 chipset throughout the show and with the Hammer coming pretty soon, nobody really knows how successful the KT400 will be as it is essentially just the KT333 chipset with DDR400 support.
For some time now all mobile Athlon processors have kept the rather large Socket A packaging. This has meant that Athlon notebooks are quite a bit larger than those based on Intel processors and various other competing products. Also at their stand, AMD was displaying an early sample of a uPGA Athlon processor in a VIA KN266-based motherboard. This is a big step in the right direction for AMD and it will certainly be nice to see smaller AMD-based notebooks in the future.
AMD also had a variety of Hammer-based motherboards on display at their stand. These were reference boards from VIA and ALi, as well as early retail samples from FIC, MSI and Gigabyte. As mentioned earlier, these will most likely be non-working samples as Hammer CPUs aren't yet readily available for manufacturers to thoroughly test their boards with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct