I was impressed with the way both drives scaled in nearly all of the performance tests. RAID 0 is an enthusiasts array and we rarely get to see flagship products tested like this. Luckily everything just dropped in place for this article to be written. Intel, Kingston and RunCore all get a big Thank You from TweakTown for their support.
As it sits now the Intel X25-M 10 channel controller is still the performance king and it looks like it will retain that crown for at least another three months. The new Indilinx controller is a solid competitor but when it comes to absolute best performance Intel is still the way to go.
RunCore has a solid product in the Pro IV drives. They are much faster than the JMicron drives we tested in the past and do not require hours of OS optimization to become usable. Just like in our stand alone review of the Pro IV series, the price is difficult to swallow when compared to Intel's consumer drives. In time the price will come down. As I sit here writing this article you can't even buy the Pro IV drives, so give it some time.
All things considered, either set of drives on their own make for great operating system boot drives. Once you move into RAID 0 with a pair of drives it is nothing but smiles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit