Testing and Conclusion
For our testing methodology of each speaker system we used a couple of different MP3 songs at 128kbit to 192kbit (little less quality than CD) using a Creative Sound Blaster Extigy in Windows XP with bass and treble settings of each speaker system left at their default setting.
Songs included, Around the Fur by the Deftones for our bass test with the songs bassy introduction and a more vocal song to test the voice quality of the speakers, we used a song by De La Soul called Ring Ring Ring. While we obviously can't define the performance as well as a software benchmark like 3DMark does for graphics cards and processors, we did perform the testing of each speaker system in about a two hour time frame and judged them as best as possible.
It goes without saying, the 641 won the bass test easy with its raw power. The voice quality was almost impossible to tell between each system, with the exception of the 2100's maybe having the edge because the system itself isn't very powerful meaning the voices are more defined. Being a much less powerful system, the 4100's weren't as "beefy" or "heavy" as the 641's and 621's but at the same time still managed to produce fairly good bass, perfect for those who aren't after massive amounts of bass, like notebook users for example. If it's bass quality you're looking for, don't even bother thinking about the 2100's.
Something else which should be noted is the fact that all of the systems (excluding the 2100) have an AUX in jack which means you can use these speaker systems not just for your PC but gaming consoles, DVD players, CD players and even MP3 players. This is just another feature which makes these already solid products just that little much better - the more you get for your dollar, the better.
All of speaker systems which we rounded up today are impressive in their own right for various different aspects. Some are very powerful yet expensive, while others are compact and not so powerful and more affordable. In my opinion, Altec Lansing have created a nice variation of different speakers to choose from, pleasing everyone with varying budgets and desires. Bottom line...You'll be happy with any of these four speaker systems if you decided to buy a set - simply choose the one which suits your needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scarlett to have mid-grade and enthusiast consoles
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire