Altec Lansing 2100 - The Baby
The last speaker system in the round up is the Altec Lansing 2100, the baby of the group. This 2.1 speaker system is fairly similar to the 4100's minus the surround sound and compared to the other speaker systems in this group, a lowly 50 watts of total system power, compared to 200 watts of the 621's, the only other non-surround sound speaker system in this roundup.
The sub of the 2100's is similar to the 4100's although being the baby of the group; it only has two 4" long-throw woofers measuring in at a small size of 6.5" by 13.5". While it can deliver fairly decent bass, as we begin to increase the volume the sound quality lessons quite significantly and becomes "tinny" and almost weak-sounding. The 2100's also lack an AUX jack which enables you to use the speaker system on other entertainment devices besides your PC; all of the other speaker systems included an AUX jack besides this one.
The included controller with the 2100 is the exact same as the 621's controller, we only have the option for volume control. Bass adjustments can be changed on the back of the subwoofer; again I would have liked to see bass adjustments being able to be made from the controller.
The sound quality and clarity of the 2100 is much poorer than any other speaker system in the roundup, you get what you pay for and compared to the other speaker systems, you aren't paying a great deal for these at around $240 AU. We give the Altec Lansing 2100 speaker system a rating of 6.5 out of 10. I wasn't terrible impressed with this speaker system, although it does carry a much more affordable price tag than all the other speaker systems we've taken a look at today which could be an attraction for some.
Compact and Sleek
Not Very Powerful
Lacks Surround Sound
No AUX Jack
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM