Altec Lansing 621 - Who stole my Surround Sound?
Being released at the same time as the 641 speaker system, the 621's from Altec Lansing are similar to the 641's in terms of looks but it is an overall smaller 3 piece system with not as much raw power to produce as much mighty bass as its big brother - not to mention the lack of surround sound due to its compact 2.1 setup. On the positive side of things, this makes the product price much more attractive then the expensive 5 piece 641 speaker system and for those who don't have the need or space for a proper surround sound speaker setup - it is perfect for the market Altec Lansing intended - PC music listeners.
You could basically take the 641 speaker system and divide it by two and you'd be presented with the 621 speaker system, the little brother - 200 watts of power compared to 400 watts and almost half the price coming in at around $330 AU compared to $650 AU, making it more affordable for average user.
While the 621's aren't as powerful as the 641's, it still packs a fairly decent punch and by no means was its bass disappointing or "weak", just a little tamer. The controller of the 621 is similar in design to that of the 641's controller, except there are no different sound modes to choose from or buttons to change bass or treble, just plain and simple volume levels.
The sub of the 621 is fairly similar to that of the 641's sub, although it only features one 6.5" long-throw woofer and is noticeably much smaller in stature measuring 7.5" by 12.8" which would be ideal for those users with a smaller computer area. On the back of the sub is the adjustment for bass and color coded jacks for easy installation. I would have liked to see some type of bass control on the controller, though - Maybe next time.
In conclusion, if you're after a powerful 2.1 speaker system and you don't want to spend too much money on it, you should really consider the Altec Lansing 621 speaker system. We give the Altec Lansing 621 a rating of 9.5 out of 10 while struggling to find many cons at all on an overall very solid product.
Excellent Sound Quality
Lacks Surround Sound
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit