AMD had quite a strong presence at this years ITExpo. They had one of the largest stands of the show and were positioned right near the entrance. AMD were kind enough to give away free AMD tattoos to all of their visitors and even had water guns to apply the tattoo for you.
The most interesting product displayed at AMD's stand, in my opinion, was the AthlonXP 2100+. This chip is rated at 1.73GHz and it will be very interesting to see how it performs. Its presence at ITExpo suggests that the release of the 2100+ AthlonXP is very close.
Also on display at AMD's stand were new SocketA motherboards from manufacturers such as MSI and Soltek. A few of them that grabbed my attention were the MSI KT3-Ultra, MSI K7D Master and Soltek 75DRV4 boards. The KT3-Ultra, based on the newly released VIA KT333 chipset features ATA133 support, USB 2.0, onboard LAN, onboard AC'97 audio, five PCI slots and one CNR slot. This looks to be a very impressive board and hopefully we will be able to get it in for testing in the near feature.
The MSI K7D Master is a dual AthlonMP board based on the AMD 762/768 chipsets. It features optional onboard LAN, USB 2.0, onboard AC'97 audio, two 64-bit/66MHz PCI slots and three 32-bit/33MHz PCI slots. The USB 2.0 support comes on a separate 4-port PCI card that is included with the package.
The Soltek 75DRV4 is based on the much praised KT266A chipset and features a very attractive purple PCB. It features ATA133 support, four USB ports (extra two enabled by an optional cable), five PCI slots and one CNR slot. Just the look of the board alone is enough to make me want to purchase it.
AMD also had a PC setup at their stand that showed benchmarks of their AthlonXP compared to a similarly clocked Pentium 4 processor. They also had a few AMD-based notebooks on display, one of which they allowed visitors to have a play with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 1
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 2
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 3
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 4
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 5
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 6
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 7
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 8
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 9
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 10
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 11
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 12
- ITExpo 2002 Coverage - Page 13
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit