- Performance Improvements
NVIDIA has promised faster performance in today's top games, but what's interesting is in the PDF document we received only graphs for two cards where shown; the 9800 GTX+ and the GTX 280 when running in Tri-SLI.
While we won't be testing all the games they have shown us in the benchmark section, hopefully some of what we do test shows improvements. Don't forget, though, if you've tested the new drivers on some new games then feel free to leave comments in our forums regarding the performance.
- SLI on X58
One of the larger features that the new driver offers is SLI support on the new X58 platform from Intel. With our new testbed moving to X58 this is an excellent feature as we will now be able to compare Crossfire and SLI on an even platform.
- Multi Display Support with SLI
While it is fantastic that NVIDIA has finally decided to give us the ability to run multiple displays when using SLI, everyone will tell you that it's something that should have been offered many months ago.
- PhysX on dedicated GPU
While PhysX has been around for a while, we continue to see it not really make an impact on the market. The new drivers give us PhysX on a dedicated GPU, but at the moment we do wonder how enticing that is to people.
While in theory PhsyX is a great piece of technology, it could be years before we see it really become popular, if at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [New Features]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series