The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE is first and foremost built for gaming. But with this much power, other users may want to take advantage of its full capabilities. Limiting the system to "just a gaming computer" would be like saying a tank is just used for transportation.
The overclocked processor coupled with Asetek's Low Cost Liquid Cooling (LCLC) would have been a good base to start any system off with. In reality I think CyberPower started off with the Radeon 4870 X2 and everything else just fell into place. Either way, there is no denying that both the Core 2 Duo and 4870 X2 complement each other perfectly. Add in the fact that CyberPower took advantage of Asetek's really well designed cooler which was able to overclock the processor to such a high level and it really makes this a unique system that we normally see from boutique systems costing quite a bit more.
To put it in perspective, at Computex Thermaltake showed their new Xpressar phase change system with an Intel 8400 overclocked to the same GHz as the Gamer Xtreme XE. While pricing has yet to be disclosed on the Xpressar, I think it is safe to say it costs considerably more than what CyperPower has put together for the Gamer Xtreme XE.
After looking around and doing some comparative shopping, I have yet to find a system from another builder that can achieve the same level of performance at the same price point. To be fair, the closest system so far has cost 2000 USD, a full 400 Dollars more than the Gamer Xtreme XE and it didn't even come with a wireless mouse and keyboard. That said, once you calculate shipping costs on the items needed to build your own one off Gamer Xtreme XE, you would spend more in parts plus shipping than just ordering the pre-built system from CyberPower.
For me personally, I never truly understood the enthusiast OEM relationship unit until this system arrived here at the TweakTown Lab. Only a company that really understands the enthusiast and gaming mentality could pull off what CyberPower has done with the Gamer Xtreme XE. To put it simply, my next gaming system will come from CyberPower since they are able to put a system together just as well as I can, while also doing it at a lower cost and saving me the hassle of having to deal with the late nights testing and tuning it for higher performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Exterior]
- Page 5 [The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Internals]
- Page 6 [Software Configuration]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks List and Testing Configuration]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - System Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Processor and Memory Capabilities]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Disk Performance]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Video and Gaming]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Compression, Encoding and Audio]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Epic launch $1 million Winter Royale tournament for Fortnite
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 6.7-inch screen, 6 cameras, 5G tech
- NVIDIA is now bundling Battlefield V with GeForce RTX cards
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6