This impressive looking lump of metal is GlobalWin's entry into the Socket 478 CPU Cooling market. It comes with thermal grease already applied, a welcome change from the thermal pads so commonly used. The retaining bracket is included, and actually needs to be installed for the clipping mechanism to work. Fortunately, the necessary screws, bolts and washers are supplied, and following the instructions is a no-brainer.
The fan is a 70x70x15mm unit that delivers over 50% more air than the Evercool unit. Unfortunately, because 70mm fans are rather hard to come by this limits the range that can be clipped on to the heatsink. The fan itself is held on by GlobalWin's usual wire clipping mechanism, which negates the need for screws. Here is the spec sheet on the unit (from GlobalWin's website):
One unusual thing I noticed was the fan disagreed with the specs above. Whilst the specs on the website state that there is one ball and one sleeve bearing, the unit supplied to me had "dual ball" written on the sticker. I certainly hope this is the case, as dual ball-bearing fans have a longer life expectancy than sleeve or sleeve/ball hybrids.
The clipping mechanism is something that GlobalWin should be commended on. Instead of the much criticized clips used on the FOP series of coolers, there are two nice clips with protective plastic pads to make installation a breeze. Unlike the Evercool unit, the clips are fixed to the retention mechanism, making installation of the retaining bracket essential.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz