Notebook: Lenovo T61p
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @2.4GHz
Memory: 2x 1GB PC2-5300
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2
I finally found a way to get my new Lenovo mobile workstation into an article. The T61p features Intel's mobile version of the Core 2 Duo in Merom flavor and joins it with the NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M. The widescreen 15.4 inch display is very good and although it is a little smaller than my previous Gateway 17 inch notebook screen, I have yet to notice since the Lenovo runs at 1920x1200.
All drive tests were performed on the same machine with the same Windows installation on the same USB 2.0 port.
HD Tach - Average Write Speed
Version and / or Patch Used: 126.96.36.199 RW Editors License
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
Before data can come off of a drive, first it has to go on. In the drive write test we found the difference between top to bottom performance scoring to be much larger than first anticipated. At the very top we found the two products that are built and marketed specifically for speed; the Lexar JumpDrive Lightning and Kingston DataTraveler HyperX and we're not surprised. The HyperX line is synonymous with high speed and with a name like Lightning we didn't expect a turtle either. The label on the Lightning stated the drive should perform close to 21 MB/s write speed, but our testing did not show that level of performance.
Just above the median level of performance is where we found the Crucial Gizmo! Plus and Kingston's DataTraveler 400. These drives performed well above the level of my daily use Corsair Flash Voyager that just two years ago was the speed king when it came to portable flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A-DATA N702]
- Page 3 [A-DATA S701 (Eee PC Edition)]
- Page 4 [A-DATA T801]
- Page 5 [A-DATA T802]
- Page 6 [Crucial Gizmo! Plus]
- Page 7 [Gingle T01 Twist Disk]
- Page 8 [Kingston DataTraveler 400]
- Page 9 [Kingston DataTraveler HyperX]
- Page 10 [Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy]
- Page 11 [Lexar JumpDrive FireFly]
- Page 12 [Lexar JumpDrive Lightning]
- Page 13 [Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus]
- Page 14 [Super Talent Pico A]
- Page 15 [Super Talent Pico B]
- Page 16 [Super Talent Pico C]
- Page 16 [Testing and HD Tach - Write Performance]
- Page 17 [HD Tach - Read Performance]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series