QuakeCon is a great place to show off your case mods. I was only one of many people to spend three hours going up and down all of the isles to get a good look at what everyone was building. The only problem I had with actually covering it all is that so many people were coming in and out of the event.
During the morning when I arrived, hundreds of people were registering and waiting in line just to get in. When I left for a smoke break at 5 PM, the line had actually grown even longer with a new cast of attendees. This happened nearly every day with a new cast of gamers, so there is no way I could have seen everyone.
If you are thinking about attending QuakeCon in 2009 and displaying a modded case, you had better bring you're A-Game. Many of these guys spent a great deal of time and more than one built their system just for QuakeCon.
I enjoyed covering the BYOC area and met several great people. This is the area where you are going to find the real gamers not interested in competing 24/7 and hear a bunch of stories that will have you laughing days later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Truly Wicked Cases]
- Page 3 [Cases of QuakeCon]
- Page 4 [More Cases of QuakeCon]
- Page 5 [A Clear Battle]
- Page 6 [The Pros try to steal the show]
- Page 7 [More Than Cases]
- Page 8 [The Ones That Didn't Make It]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit