Package and Contents of the P45R2000-WiFi
First off, we'll start with the package and contents of the top board here; the P45R2000-WiFi. This is the mainstream board from ASRock that is packed with features to the hilt. The box that the board is shipped in is of the standard size for the ATX motherboards; no over the top packaging. The company logo and the model number dominate the front with some fancy art work.
On the back of the box there is a lot of fancy marketing info on the boards' features including the benefits of PCI Express 2.0 as well as the WiFi controller. One thing that is missing is a colour photo of the board. For this level of manufacturing and marketing that ASRock are trying to push into, at least a small colour picture of the product would be nice. Bit disappointed here.
One thing that didn't disappoint was the documentation and software bundle that came with the board. In the P45R2000 series box, you get two user manuals. One of them is for the board itself with a lot of useful setup data, info on the BIOS as well as the driver and software installation.
The second manual is for the WiFi card and gives you setup instructions for the software app that is included. The Driver DVD contains XP and Vista Drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit variations, but again, no Linux support. This is very disappointing for alternate OS users who have to go and chase down drivers.
Moving along to the cables supplied, there are a total of four SATA data cables. While the board does support six, if you want to use them all you will have to go and get two extra cables from a retailer, but it's still nice to see at least four included. However, the power cable side was skimped on. There's only one Molex to SATA power converter included, so you'd better hope your PSU can support more than one drive. Lastly, there are the ribbon cables and these are a single FDD cable that supports one drive and an IDE cable supporting two drives.
Last on the agenda is the WiFi add-on card. This card is actually USB powered, so if you want to use it, one of the three extra USB headers is sacrificed. The card contains a Realtek USB WiFi controller chip that supports the 802.11b/g wireless networking protocol; no WiMAX yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 3 [Specifications - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 4 [The Package - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 6 [The Package - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 7 [The Motherboard - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 16 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit