We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark Vantage at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD-ROM or many cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Power wise; both chipsets perform identically. They are mirror images of each other.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboards, this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
The P45 board runs slightly hotter on the MCH, but this could be due to its dual PCI Express x8 capabilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 3 [Specifications - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 4 [The Package - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 6 [The Package - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 7 [The Motherboard - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 16 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019