Finally, we have the CUB-625CA HSF. It is an all-copper sink with a largish fan mounted on top, and it's what we would normally expect to see in a quality heatsink.
This model heatsink is made completely of copper. It consists of a solid base and 38 fins, and measures in at 60mm x 60mm x 24mm. Even though it a low profile heatsink, the copper material still allows it to have a workable mass of about 250 grams. The mounting brackets for the fan are metal as well.
The base of the unit is very smooth. While it hasn't been polished to a mirror finish, there are no mars to remove, and it feels very smooth to the touch. If you want to polish it, then you can do so straight away. There will be no need to lap the sink before you start.
This model has the same 60mm x 60mm x 25mm fan as did the ND12-625. To refresh your memory a bit, we're talking 6,500 RPM, 31-CFM airflow and about 34 dBA of sound output.
What's different here, though, is that a fan grill was included. I am a firm believer than a fan grill should be standard equipment on ANY high-speed fan. Those who have heard the awful sounds of internal wiring being sucked up into the rapidly spinning blades will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Now we're talking. The clipping mechanism for this heatsink was a very solid design. It has a swivel head on the business end that allows you to actually use your fingers to attach it. It is not as stiff as the others, but still allowed for enough pressure to keep the fan from moving. If I were to make a recommendation, it would be to keep this clip design and trash all those other ones that were being used on the other models.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Return to Nuketown in COD: Black Ops 4 starting on the PS4
- AMD won't do ray tracing until ALL Radeon cards can do it
- Stan Lee, Marvel Comics super-star dies at age 95
- PUBG player base falls under 1 million concurrent on Steam
- Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch