Finally, we have the CUB-625CA HSF. It is an all-copper sink with a largish fan mounted on top, and it's what we would normally expect to see in a quality heatsink.
This model heatsink is made completely of copper. It consists of a solid base and 38 fins, and measures in at 60mm x 60mm x 24mm. Even though it a low profile heatsink, the copper material still allows it to have a workable mass of about 250 grams. The mounting brackets for the fan are metal as well.
The base of the unit is very smooth. While it hasn't been polished to a mirror finish, there are no mars to remove, and it feels very smooth to the touch. If you want to polish it, then you can do so straight away. There will be no need to lap the sink before you start.
This model has the same 60mm x 60mm x 25mm fan as did the ND12-625. To refresh your memory a bit, we're talking 6,500 RPM, 31-CFM airflow and about 34 dBA of sound output.
What's different here, though, is that a fan grill was included. I am a firm believer than a fan grill should be standard equipment on ANY high-speed fan. Those who have heard the awful sounds of internal wiring being sucked up into the rapidly spinning blades will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Now we're talking. The clipping mechanism for this heatsink was a very solid design. It has a swivel head on the business end that allows you to actually use your fingers to attach it. It is not as stiff as the others, but still allowed for enough pressure to keep the fan from moving. If I were to make a recommendation, it would be to keep this clip design and trash all those other ones that were being used on the other models.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ