As horrible looking as the MSI cooler on the 9600GT is, there's no denying that it does a fantastic job of cooling the core. It seems that MSI has decided to kick it up a notch with a new cooler named Hybrid Freezer.
It's always nice to see companies mix it up with new coolers, and the Hybrid Freezer seems to have some pretty cool technology behind it. It makes sense that they're installing it on the popular 9600GT series of card, and in this case MSI has decided to install it on a card carrying with it 1GB of GDDR3 memory for added appeal.
While we've looked at so many 9600GTs, you have to admit that we've seen such a huge variety of different models; some excellent clocks, some excellent connectivity and some pretty funky aftermarket coolers.
Today we add another to the pile and find out if the cooler on the new MSI 9600GT is able to stand out from the pack. Considering the MSI cooler we've seen before is one of the best as far as performance goes, it seems that the Hybrid Freezer's ultimate competition is from the same manufacturer.
Let's check out the box and see what's going on there before we get stuck into the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]