Intel's P45 Express chipset hasn't officially hit the market yet (it will launch shortly at Computex in Taipei), this is why we haven't been able to give a huge amount of detailed features on the P45 Northbridge or its ICH10R companion chip, however, what we were able to get is based on testing as well as early information from our board provider.
P45 in its early form looks the goods! While it's early days, we haven't been able to test its overclocking ability, and this is something that will really determine if the board is able to take the crown away from the P35 - we are just waiting for the final revision boards to start arriving for testing. We have been able to hit speeds beyond 550MHz with P35 based boards, so P45 has some big shoes to fill, that's for sure.
Some of the major changes are welcomed especially the inclusion of PCIe 2.0 interface, increased DDR-2 speeds of 1066MHz, matching the speeds AMD is now supporting with its Phenom X3 and X4 processors, making Intel still a major player in DDR2, even though they are still pushing for DDR3.
GIGABYTE's EP45-DS3R and EP45-DQ6 in our early tests have proven to be fantastic. We managed to get the system perfectly stable, running Vista without any problems. We were very happy with the feel of the board as well as the initial performance. We will continue with overclocking tests and power usage using the DES as soon as we are able to get more time with the boards. For now we hope you enjoyed our preview into some upcoming P45 boards and there will be plenty more on this subject from us once we are finished at Computex early next month.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - DS3R]
- Page 3 [Specifications - DQ6]
- Page 4 [Intel P45 Express in Detail]
- Page 5 [The Motherboards - EP45-DS3R]
- Page 6 [The Motherboards - EP45-DQ6]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio