Up, Up and Away
The mouse is easy to handle and the ergonomics are sound, so it's time to find out what the software can do for us. Now, most people would use the drivers on the CD, but I'm not most people, I go to Logitech's site and make sure I have the latest drivers.
With the latest in shiny software loaded, I opened up the task tray style icon; the first screen you are presented with is the button allocation, and here you can set the buttons to do just about anything with the exception of the left and right click, and scrolling. I also did manage to re-assign the Select button to middle click, so I'll give Logitech some props for making their products pretty customisable. (But it's still no replacement for a real middle button!)
Next tab gives you all the mouse pointer and acceleration tweaking; you will spend a little time here tweaking the mouse for your own personal comfort level.
Following that is the game settings tab where you can tell the software how it's supposed to behave when you fire up your favourite escape from reality. Now this is not what I would consider a gaming class mouse, but with the laser based tracking module nestled in the nose of this beast, there is no reason you cannot game with it. (It is a little narrow for my fat hand to be comfortable over long periods of time, so i'd have to file this one under 'casual gamer peripheral' rather than 'full on frag bringer 3000')
This next menu allows you to tweak the scroll settings on the mouse to give it a bit more control over its tendency to fly through web pages when you flick it. You can also turn off the inertia scrolling, should it start to rub you up the wrong way - *rim-shot*.
Finally is a battery indication menu that gives you the option to display the battery life remaining in days, or should you wish, in percentage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Nintendo called; they want their concept back]
- Page 2 [Set Phasers to Stun]
- Page 3 [Moan Moan Moan...]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One has 1TB HDD, includes three games
- Epic won't let 'crappy games' on its store
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023