A Few Gripes
The freewheel scroll method is a useful feature if you are an avid web trawler like me; you just want to scroll like there is no tomorrow, however the simulated scrolling mechanism underneath the sleek black glossy pad is a little too eager to show off the goods, and I often find myself zooming past the part of the page I'm looking for. So I have to painfully scroll with more concentration back to where I intended to get to in the first place.
The alternative to scrolling by vigorously rubbing the mouse is instead pressing on each end of the scroll pad itself, they act much like the arrow keys and will scroll uniformly up and down a page, but this however does not feel as satisfying as the rubbing, I can tell you. The reason for the inclusion of clickable buttons on the scroll pad is presumably for when the mouse is in air mode, and it is more comfortable to rock your thumb back and forward on the pad than it is to try and hold the mouse while scrolling a-la-finger mode.
Another annoyance I picked up was after surfing around online for only 2 mins, and it made me exclaim out loud... "Where the hell is my middle click?!!"
As a Firefox user it is imperative that I have a middle click function to open my links in a new tab. It seems Logitech has deemed the middle click unnecessary for some reason, and this is baffling as Firefox, IE7 and Opera all use middle click to create new tab instances!
This however is all without installing the mouse control software, so in theory I could macro a button underneath the scroll section to middle click, but it still defeats the purpose of having the middle click as a middle click. I would need to re-adjust my grip on the mouse in order to press one of the buttons below the scroll pad and that would be as time consuming as having to right click and select "open in a new tab".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Nintendo called; they want their concept back]
- Page 2 [Set Phasers to Stun]
- Page 3 [Moan Moan Moan...]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series