A Few Gripes
The freewheel scroll method is a useful feature if you are an avid web trawler like me; you just want to scroll like there is no tomorrow, however the simulated scrolling mechanism underneath the sleek black glossy pad is a little too eager to show off the goods, and I often find myself zooming past the part of the page I'm looking for. So I have to painfully scroll with more concentration back to where I intended to get to in the first place.
The alternative to scrolling by vigorously rubbing the mouse is instead pressing on each end of the scroll pad itself, they act much like the arrow keys and will scroll uniformly up and down a page, but this however does not feel as satisfying as the rubbing, I can tell you. The reason for the inclusion of clickable buttons on the scroll pad is presumably for when the mouse is in air mode, and it is more comfortable to rock your thumb back and forward on the pad than it is to try and hold the mouse while scrolling a-la-finger mode.
Another annoyance I picked up was after surfing around online for only 2 mins, and it made me exclaim out loud... "Where the hell is my middle click?!!"
As a Firefox user it is imperative that I have a middle click function to open my links in a new tab. It seems Logitech has deemed the middle click unnecessary for some reason, and this is baffling as Firefox, IE7 and Opera all use middle click to create new tab instances!
This however is all without installing the mouse control software, so in theory I could macro a button underneath the scroll section to middle click, but it still defeats the purpose of having the middle click as a middle click. I would need to re-adjust my grip on the mouse in order to press one of the buttons below the scroll pad and that would be as time consuming as having to right click and select "open in a new tab".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Nintendo called; they want their concept back]
- Page 2 [Set Phasers to Stun]
- Page 3 [Moan Moan Moan...]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard