Auras Fridge (JES-988)
Auras took a different approach with their VGA cooler, about the only thing this cooler doesn't fit is a CPU. Even cards dating back to the NVIDIA FX 5900 are compatible on the NVIDIA side. For ATI card users the Auras Fridge can go all the way back to the ATI X1800, a card that really needed an aftermarket cooling solution.
Right out of the box the Fridge is passive, so we are going to test the cooler with a low speed Nexus 120mm fan that passes enough air to keep our card cool while keeping the acoustics to non-existent levels outside of the case.
Four extra long copper heatpipes with 54 aluminum fins.
Stacked fins with double N-shaped optimize superior thermal performance.
Silent passive cooling / Compatible to graphic cards (NVIDIA / ATI).
Active cooling fan frame ready for overclocking (Capable with 80 or 120 mm fan).
Special rivet process on copper plate makes close contact to GPU.
Memory / Voltage Regulator module with special thermal interface material.
ATI X1650 Series
ATI X1600 Series
ATI X1800 Series
ATI X1900 Series
ATI X1950 Series
ATI HD 2400 Series
ATI HD 2600 Series
ATI HD 3850
ATI HD 3870
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Series (except 6600 AGP Series)
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7950 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT, 8800GTS (G92)
I have yet to see any Auras products on store shelves, but when I do they will look something like this. On the front we see a picture of the cooler, and through a window a small portion of the actual cooler.
The back side of the box has an illustration about the fan arrangement; the cooler comes passive out of the box, so for any of the high wattage cards you will need to add a 120mm fan or two 80mm fans.
On the top of the cooler we see the mounting rails for the fans and the four heatpipes that run from the front to the back of the cooler.
On the business end of the Fridge there is one contact point with the card, where the GPU sits. Memory and VRM cooling is in the form of add on heatsinks from the accessory package.
The fins are not packed tightly together so a low speed fan will do a decent job of keeping your card cool.
The fan rail is easily removed making the cooler change from a single 120mm fan to two 80mm fans.
Auras included a small tube of their thermal paste in the accessories package, as well as memory heatsinks and double-sided thermal tape for mounting the sinks to the memory. The package does lack aftermarket VRM cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900]
- Page 3 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800]
- Page 4 [Auras Fridge (JES-988)]
- Page 5 [Coolink GFXChilla]
- Page 6 [GIGABYTE V-Power]
- Page 7 [Thermaltake DuOrb]
- Page 8 [Thermaltake TMG ND5]
- Page 9 [Thermalright HR-03 GT]
- Page 10 [APACK ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 Cu 8800]
- Page 11 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 12 [Testing Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $55.27
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- New No Man's Sky Visions updated leaked
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card