With the TES 1326 Infrared Thermometer literally in hand we found ourselves getting real-world temperatures from the products we test at load (3D clock speeds).
There are two places we pull temperature from - the back of the card directly behind the core and if the card is dual slot and has an exhaust point we also pull a temperate from there, as seen in the picture.
The temperature on the card isn't bad without the shroud. With it on however, we think will be a different story.
Pulling out the TES 1350A Sound Level Meter we find ourselves quickly yelling into the top of it to see how loud we can be.
After five minutes of that we get a bit more serious and place the device two CM away from the fan on the card to find the maximum noise level of the card when idle (2D mode) and in load (3D mode).
Noise levels are also pretty standard for such a high-end card. The shroud should actually make it a little quieter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Eidos Montreal shifts towards online games
- AMD's next-gen 'Super Secret' Navi GPU teased
- Fallout developers won't use micro-transactions in new game
- Self-driving cars expected to create a $7 trillion industry
- Extinction will be micro-transaction free
- IN WIN AURORA Addressable RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series