Well, that wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. We're going to start running into CPU limitations again with this kind of setup. We can see this with the small differences being seen between 1280 x 1024 and 1920 x 1200.
I don't know what we really expected to be honest, but it would have been nice to see something like Crysis get an average of 80FPS.
The thing is though, with this issue of small gains for the Quad GPU setup, I don't think it's going to be specific to that of AMD based graphics cards. The chances are we're going to see similar issues when it comes to NVIDIA wanting to jump on the QUAD GPU band wagon.
The people who are going to have the most fun with the Crossfire X driver are 3DMark bench markers. The rest of the people are probably going to run into the same problems that we had here, which involved some applications not running (PT Boats) or AA not being able to turn on (Half Life 2 Episode 2), or just generally very little performance gains.
AMD made a promise that we would have Crossfire X by the end of the first quarter, and good on them for sticking to that promise, but clearly some tweaking needs to be done!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 9 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz