Closer Look at Logitech's G15
The Logitech G15 ticks many boxes on the gaming keyboard requirements list, along with a few that are not even on it. You have the soothing orange backlight of the keys, and not distractingly illuminating the whole key either, just the letter in the center of the matt-black mini-monolith. This also makes it much easier to read the key in the dim darkness of your den.
The hot buttons (six of them, with three modes to give a total of 18 macro bindable buttons) which can be used in any software/game and the ability to bind keys to the buttons whilst in game makes them extremely useful.
A nicely positioned LCD unit, while not completely necessary for gaming, does have some advantages. It is capable of displaying stats, windows info and media related activities. Four soft buttons underneath allow you to select an LCD option defined by a program. There is an additional button to the side of the LCD too, this allowing you to switch the LCD's mode.
There's two USB ports on the back of the board, so you can whip your various dongles in and out as much as you want without bending over your pc searching in the dark for the elusive little buggers. NB: They are recessed slightly into the keyboard, so fatties might not fit.
A host of media controls are also residen; play/pause, skip, volume, and stop. Off to one side is also a mute button and 3-mode brightness control button (off, dim, bright). Coupled with the usual full-sized A to Z's and a numeric keypad nestled sweetly off to the right hand side, it makes for a good all rounder, should you need to actually type words that is.
The final and quite useful feature of the board is this little sliding switch with a picture of a joystick on it. I had no idea what it did, until I read the help...
I found that it disables the Windows and Shortcut keys when you are in-game, preventing the frustration and hair tearing associated with such accidental keystrokes. Nicely done, Logitech!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ