The two cards are actually quite different physically. The 8600GT is a full height card which carries with it an active cooler, while the 8500GT is a low profile offering and chooses to use a passive cooler.
The heatsink on the 8600GT is pretty run of the mill. However, we can see when taking a closer look at the 8500GT we have a nice big copper pipe running out the back of the card and going around the other side. Copper is something generally saved for more expensive cards so it's nice to see it included on the 8500GT from Leadtek.
Like all 8600GTs, the Winfast version carries with it an SLI connector across the top which isn't present on the 8500 series. Something also not seen on both cards is a PCI Express power connector thanks to both models not needing it.
The I/O department between the two cards is also quite different, both included a DVI connector and of course the HDMI connector which is the whole reason we're here. There is also the S/PDIF connector but the full height 8600GT carries with it a standard TV-Out port which can be used with S-Video or Component with the included cables.
The inclusion of TV-Out isn't a huge deal, but if you wanted to grab a card now and you didn't have that HDTV just yet you still have a perfectly good video card which can output onto a TV with no dramas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packages]
- Page 3 [The Cards]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 9 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series