Well, that was eventful wasn't it? Not!
Maybe AMD hoped that we wouldn't worry about the drivers this month, but we can't do that. If you haven't downloaded them yet you should be happy about saving 40MB of hard drive space.
We really wouldn't bother with this driver, the Crysis hot fix isn't embedded into the driver and overall performance is at best on par with the previous driver. It's really just a waste of a download. We're drawing very close to the end of the month so the chances are that AMD just went through the motions to release a driver for the 11th month with some bug fixes and that was about it.
The 7.12 drivers really need to come out before 15th of December and they need to give the 3870 some good gains. Like we have mentioned before, the card is good but not great. It needs an updated driver to gain some support, but if it's any later than the 15th of next month it's just going to be too late for AMD to pick up the Christmas sales and it's going to be a green Christmas for graphics card owners.
Keep enjoying those 7.10s and we will see what happens next month with what should be the final driver for the year from AMD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 7 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 06 - Vista]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon