Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 7.9, Catalyst 7.10 and DX9c
There's only one change to our array of benchmarks this month, the removal of Lost Planet. Everything else is the same. Why the removal? Well, the latest drivers saw us get a grand total of three resolution choices in Lost Planet on all the cards; and let me give you a tip, none of them where what we always test at.
Due to time constraints we didn't replace it this month, we'll have something new next month though.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 130
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
There seems to be a small increase across the board, but nothing to get excited about. Let's quickly look at 3DMark06 before we jump head first into our real world tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 7 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card