Talk about one extreme to the other - the 7.7driver set did very little for us in just about every way but the 7.8 drivers have knocked the ball out of the court. These are an absolutely fantastic driver for anyone who has or is thinking about adopting a new HD 2600 card from AMD.
This could be the driver we need to get the performance up and above the Nvidia competition. We will be looking at this shortly in separate articles as the HD 2600 review samples are piling up and it's time to see what they can really do.
Something else that is worth noting that wasn't mentioned was the fact that this driver includes full support for the HD 2400 XT, we would have tested the card but with the 7.7 drivers not supporting it, we didn't really have the opportunity, we will look at it though next month.
A great driver from AMD and the chances are you will find yourself upgrading straight away, at least you should!
Until next month, Happy Gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit