ABIT IP35 Pro Off Limits
On to our last board, the ABIT IP35 Pro Off Limits. ABIT's designs are always fun. The box that ABIT ships its new board in is quite decorative. On the front you get the model number and some art work.
The back of the ABIT board contains the most info out of any board we were given along with a colour photo of the board itself, so no surprises on what you're getting.
ABIT's documents and software is also the best of all the boards. There are a total of three manuals, a case sticker and the CD. The case sticker has info on the board layout and header configurations. The rest of the documentation consists of a uGURU info manual and the board user manual. The software CD comes with all drivers for XP and Vista.
Lastly is the accessories bundle. ABIT has a modest package. Four of the six SATA ports get data cables as well as a single IDE and FDD cable. A USB/Firewire combo PCI cover bracket and I/O shield finish it off.
ABIT's PCB design is extremely full. The full 6-layer ATX board in a blue shade is used for the IP35 Pro Off limits. The layout is clean with the 24-pin power connector behind the DDR2 memory slots. The IDE and FDD ports are on the right hand side of the board with the SATA ports. Both the IDE and SATA ports are 90 degree aligned to the board.
Around the CPU, all is clean. ABIT's power regulator system is four phases and the mosfets are cooled by a heatsink and heat pipe that also keeps the northbridge cool.
The back of the board is pretty unique and special. Here you get two e.SATA ports along with 2 S/PDIF toslink ports. Two ethernet ports and a CMOS reset switch are found here as well.
Last but not least are the expansion slots and the additional controllers. ABIT uses two PCI-Express x16 slots, a blue and black one. The blue one runs at x16 speed off the northbridge's express lanes, and the black one runs at x4 off the southbridge's PCI-Express lanes.There is also one PCI-Express x1 slot and three PCI slots. The last of the additional controllers are a JMicron PCI-Express controller which runs the IDE port and the two e.SATA ports. For the firewire, you get it off the PCI based Texas Instruments controller chip.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Boards - Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Boards - Foxconn P35A]
- Page 4 [The Boards - Gigabyte P35-DS4]
- Page 5 [The Boards - ASUS P5K-E]
- Page 6 [The Boards - ECS P35T-A]
- Page 7 [The Boards - ABIT IP32 Pro Off Limits]
- Page 8 [BIOS Settings and Overclocking the Boards]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Worldbench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Rise of Industry Gets May 2nd Release Date!
- Pixel Noir will debut on Steam Early Access. SWDTech retro RPG will be released on the Steam system during the first week of April
- Pull Your Devil Trigger With Sinful New Devil May Cry 5 Range
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Reveals New Ranger Class Trailer for Upcoming Action MMORPG, Bless Unleashed
- Explore the Latest Map & Music from Team Sonic Racing