P35 and DDR2, what a combination! Companies are starting to realise the full potential of the P35 as a bridge chip; DDR2 or DDR3, the choice is yours. Intel has done a magnificent job.
As mentioned earlier, Gigabyte's mid-range DS4 board is based on the DQ6, slightly cut down but still retaining the excellent features of this series. The onboard features are fantastic and its price while a bit on the high side is pretty competitive.
We give this board 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Must Have award.
The ASUS P5K-E board is a feature packed board with a slighty high price tag, but definitely worth the extra cash, especially if you're going to want wireless as the ASUS board can run as a wireless NIC or a wireless AP, depending on your needs. Its performance is just about on the heals of the Gigabyte board, if you want the wireless this board is for you.
As with the Gigabyte, we give this board a 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Features Must Have award.
ABIT IP35 Pro Off Limits
Unfortunately ABIT's board while quite nice didn't stand out to us, its overclocking was good but the price tag for an ABIT board is just too high. Without any additional features like the ASUS board, it's not really worth the money unless you just want the ABIT name.
We give this board an 8 out of 10.
Foxconn's board resembled more of the higher end boards, but its BIOS and overclocking really let it down as the lack of some voltage features and bus tweaks really put this board in our bad books. Sorry Foxconn but better luck next time, its only saving grade is a lower price tag.
We give this board 7 out of 10
Lastly ECS, this didn't surprise us as the board from the start looked like a budget to mid-range board, and it didn't have any great features to bring to the table. Being cheaper in price means it's a good platform to start with for a cheap crossfire setup.
We give this board 7 out of 10.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Boards - Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Boards - Foxconn P35A]
- Page 4 [The Boards - Gigabyte P35-DS4]
- Page 5 [The Boards - ASUS P5K-E]
- Page 6 [The Boards - ECS P35T-A]
- Page 7 [The Boards - ABIT IP32 Pro Off Limits]
- Page 8 [BIOS Settings and Overclocking the Boards]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Worldbench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series