Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5K3 Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-II
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Nvidia ForceWare 158.22, ATI 47096 and DX9c
The Catalyst drivers still seem to be having some issues with Crossfire so we have moved back to the 47096 driver which runs like an absolute charm. We didn't have two Sapphire HD 2900 XT cards on hand so it was time to try and do a bit of mixing and matching. With the MSI HD 2900 XT in hand, it slotted in and recognized Crossfire right off the bat. Following a reboot the setup ran like a charm. But how much of a charm? We will find out in just a second.
Crossfire overclocking, though possible is still unknown to just about everyone. While some people have managed to do it no one wants to let us know how they did, so we unfortunately didn't get to look down that path. What we did get to look at though is 2560 x 1600 gaming and a few other resolutions across a multitude of games.
So let's not ramble on anymore and roll out! Okay, that's the last time I say it, I promise!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 130
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
Straight away we can see in the older 3DMark05 that the Crossfire solution is able to outperform the Ultra. We can especially see as we move up in resolutions that the impact isn't as great. Hopefully this translates to the more intensive game tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Rydermark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media