Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5K3 Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-II
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Nvidia ForceWare 158.22, ATI 47096 and DX9c
The Catalyst drivers still seem to be having some issues with Crossfire so we have moved back to the 47096 driver which runs like an absolute charm. We didn't have two Sapphire HD 2900 XT cards on hand so it was time to try and do a bit of mixing and matching. With the MSI HD 2900 XT in hand, it slotted in and recognized Crossfire right off the bat. Following a reboot the setup ran like a charm. But how much of a charm? We will find out in just a second.
Crossfire overclocking, though possible is still unknown to just about everyone. While some people have managed to do it no one wants to let us know how they did, so we unfortunately didn't get to look down that path. What we did get to look at though is 2560 x 1600 gaming and a few other resolutions across a multitude of games.
So let's not ramble on anymore and roll out! Okay, that's the last time I say it, I promise!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 130
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
Straight away we can see in the older 3DMark05 that the Crossfire solution is able to outperform the Ultra. We can especially see as we move up in resolutions that the impact isn't as great. Hopefully this translates to the more intensive game tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Rydermark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit