AMD's ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT continues to see performance increases and it is clear that this month the driver team had their eye on improving OpenGL performance, which is great considering Enemy Territory is just around the corner.
The bad news is though that there are still no changes to AA tests and this is something that is hurting the HD 2900 XT at the moment. It manages to look impressive when you compare it to the Nvidia cards in non-AA tests (and as far as price is concerned) but as soon as you start to crank up the settings like AA and AF, it can begin to slump.
With all that said not everyone is an AA person - I have personally never used it and if you are the same, it would probably make the HD 2900 XT the better option especially when you consider the price versus performance ratio.
Hopefully the driver team dives into the AA issue in future releases but as always check out the full release notes and if you didn't upgrade last month to the Catalyst 7.5 drivers, with the increase in OpenGL performance here, we would suggest the upgrade this month with the 7.6 version!
Until next month - happy gaming and benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media