AMD's ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT continues to see performance increases and it is clear that this month the driver team had their eye on improving OpenGL performance, which is great considering Enemy Territory is just around the corner.
The bad news is though that there are still no changes to AA tests and this is something that is hurting the HD 2900 XT at the moment. It manages to look impressive when you compare it to the Nvidia cards in non-AA tests (and as far as price is concerned) but as soon as you start to crank up the settings like AA and AF, it can begin to slump.
With all that said not everyone is an AA person - I have personally never used it and if you are the same, it would probably make the HD 2900 XT the better option especially when you consider the price versus performance ratio.
Hopefully the driver team dives into the AA issue in future releases but as always check out the full release notes and if you didn't upgrade last month to the Catalyst 7.5 drivers, with the increase in OpenGL performance here, we would suggest the upgrade this month with the 7.6 version!
Until next month - happy gaming and benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam