Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5K3 Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Nvidia ForceWare 158.22, ATI Catalyst 7.5 and DX9c
With our extended benchmarks still in place along with all our extra tests including power, sound and heat, we are really able to provide a comprehensive analysis of the products here today.
With the HD 2900 XT and 8800 Ultra we have included the 8800GTS and GTX for comparison and we also check out some overclocking on both the HD 2900 XT and 8800 Ultra to see how each compare.
Let's get this show on the road!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 130
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
We can see in the older 3DMark that all the cards sit pretty close together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam