Like the HD 2900 XT package, the 8800 Ultra is very similar in most ways. It carries the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. theme as it's included within the bundle and also mentions all the main features on the front of the box along with the model.
The biggest difference on the front of the box is the exclusion of the Black Box sticker, as you would expect.
Turning the box over we also have much of the same with a larger explanation on the main features on the card along with some of the exclusive features of the ASUS version thanks to some of the bonus software bundled.
Unfortunately we weren't the first to get this card so it seems that some of the bundle had become lighter thanks to some other writers finding themselves wanting a copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or some extra molex to PCI E connectors.
While we only have the CD wallet, manual CD, Speed Guide, DVI to VGA connector and component out cable also included is a copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R, driver CD and two Molex to PCI Express connectors.
The package is little light for a card of this price, especially when you compare to something like the HD 2900 XT offering which also includes Black Box game package, DVI to HDMI connector and comes in significantly cheaper. The bottom line though is that most companies feel that the performance of the card is enough to warrant the high price and lacking bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games announces $100 million grant program
- Smash Bros. Ultimate pro-player storms out of tournament
- Remedy's new game Control is Epic Games exclusive for 1 year
- Unreal Engine 4 ray tracing tech demo 'Troll' teased at GDC
- NVIDIA: Turing GPUs sold 45% more than Pascal during launch
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023