Power Used in Overclocking
No, that is not a mistake, we did not accidentally hit the 2 before the 9...you overclockers are the worst. With total wattage used increasing by almost 20% we throw out another big "Tisk tisk".
In all seriousness, it is interesting to see what different applications do to overall power draw, and what kind of impact overclocking has on your power supply. The next time someone says you do not need a good power supply to overclock give them two whacks across the back of the head, one from the team at TweakTown and one for yourself.
Our new Power Analyzer is going to come in extremely useful for future reviews. It will be first used in our upcoming HD 2900 XT article and in the future we will be paying more attention to what impact hardware has on the old power supply.
We hope you enjoyed the article and had a good laugh, we had better get back to those more serious reviews now but this was something interesting to look at nonetheless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz