Power Used in Overclocking
No, that is not a mistake, we did not accidentally hit the 2 before the 9...you overclockers are the worst. With total wattage used increasing by almost 20% we throw out another big "Tisk tisk".
In all seriousness, it is interesting to see what different applications do to overall power draw, and what kind of impact overclocking has on your power supply. The next time someone says you do not need a good power supply to overclock give them two whacks across the back of the head, one from the team at TweakTown and one for yourself.
Our new Power Analyzer is going to come in extremely useful for future reviews. It will be first used in our upcoming HD 2900 XT article and in the future we will be paying more attention to what impact hardware has on the old power supply.
We hope you enjoyed the article and had a good laugh, we had better get back to those more serious reviews now but this was something interesting to look at nonetheless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit