It is hard to draw any conclusions on RyderMark at this stage. It is an interesting benchmark in terms of what it can do, but it is not visually impressive and some of the effects such as the water, fire and smoke are less than impressive. The surrounding landscape, which seems to be set in Venice, is quite attractive, but the boats do not look that great and the one that explodes towards the end of the demo breaks up in a way that looks very dated, even compared to a year old title with minimum physics usage. It is also the matter of how the boats travel in the water and the very poor looking foam that looks more like a bunch of white pixels.
Now, we are not knocking the people at Candella Software, as it is not easy to program a 3D benchmark and get everything right first time around. However, the buzz around RyderMark seems to have given it more credit than might be due. We will be looking into RyderMark again, once the final version appears in about two week's time. For now, RyderMark is an interesting way of testing specific features of a graphics card, but it is not going to replace any current benchmarks but you probably will start to see more and more of it appearing in our VGA reviews.
From what you have seen so far, leave your opinion below or in our forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series