It is hard to draw any conclusions on RyderMark at this stage. It is an interesting benchmark in terms of what it can do, but it is not visually impressive and some of the effects such as the water, fire and smoke are less than impressive. The surrounding landscape, which seems to be set in Venice, is quite attractive, but the boats do not look that great and the one that explodes towards the end of the demo breaks up in a way that looks very dated, even compared to a year old title with minimum physics usage. It is also the matter of how the boats travel in the water and the very poor looking foam that looks more like a bunch of white pixels.
Now, we are not knocking the people at Candella Software, as it is not easy to program a 3D benchmark and get everything right first time around. However, the buzz around RyderMark seems to have given it more credit than might be due. We will be looking into RyderMark again, once the final version appears in about two week's time. For now, RyderMark is an interesting way of testing specific features of a graphics card, but it is not going to replace any current benchmarks but you probably will start to see more and more of it appearing in our VGA reviews.
From what you have seen so far, leave your opinion below or in our forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard