If AMD ends up going down the gurgler, it is essentially taking ATI with it. This means not only will Intel gain a monopoly in the CPU market but also Nvidia in the VGA market. No competition of course means less motivation to create innovative new products and also no reason to offer competitive pricing which if you have not worked out already, is not good for you guys as the consumer. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer.
It is pretty clear that Intel want to get rid of AMD right now and forever - the latest Intel CPU price drops (some up to 40%) make this evident as there was really no good reason for Intel to drop the price on its entire lineup (since it is already doing well), yet it felt compelled to twist the knife that it had already stuck into AMD, metaphorically speaking.
The theory that AMD should do a rehash of the 939 processor completely span me out, the 939 was the best era for AMD, so that is what it should concentrate on? Well, the last generation of AGP cards were really the best era for ATI, so should it concentrate on that? No! AMD seems to be sinking fast and taking the ATI portion of its business with it, if we indeed do lose both these companies what is going to happen to the computer industry? ATI partners have it the worse, especially those like PowerColor, Sapphire and HIS who only do the Radeon lineup of VGA cards. The collapse of one company could have a massive landslide affect and change the computer industry for tens of years to come. I will not say forever because anything can happen. We could see a new GPU company pop up, or a processor one, but it could take years for it to establish itself as a real market competitor.
Are we beginning to see the gradual demise of AMD? The company is walking a tightrope right now and we want to hear your opinion on its future and how it can get out of the trouble it is currently in. Leave your comment below or e-mail.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5