Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3150MHz or 350MHz FSB 1:1
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5B Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HZ PC8000 @ 350MHz 4-4-4-12 (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
The single performance improvement mentioned in the release notes is only for Vista and only concentrates on OpenGL performance. We do not use Vista for our testing for the biggest reason that, at this stage, gaming performance is still not there. While with this driver release Vista might see performance increases of 15% - and up to 30% on enthusiast class products like the Radeon X1950 series - it is still not going to be capable of performing as well as a Windows XP machine.
With all that said if you are a Vista user and you have seen performance improvements let us know via the forum comments.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
Straight away we can see that there are no performance gains across the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- PUBG's first world tournament: $2 million in prizes and more
- Fortnite is coming to China, with Tencent securing rights
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit