X-Bit Labs File Copy Test
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.5.3
Developer Homepage: http://www.xbitlabs.com
Product Homepage: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/fc-test.html
X-Bit Labs File Copy Test is a real-world benchmark used to measure the performance of IDE subsystems. In this test, we time how long it takes to copy 523MB worth of data (various downloaded setup files) from one place to another with File Copy Test program optimizations disabled to help provide the most accurate time possible.
In our first real-world test demonstrating read speeds, the Seagate desktop hard disk drive continues to lead.
It is interesting to note that in a real-world situation, the lead has been shrunk to about 45% whereas HD Tach was showing about a 62% performance advantage in favor of the Seagate hard drive. The Team SSD manages to continue its lead over the Crucial pen drive.
Our final test is a demonstration of real-world write speeds, something which flash memory is known for being slower at compared to hard disk drives.
When we copy data from the master drive RAID 0 array, we see that the Seagate hard drive is able to write over twice as fast as the Team SSD but the SSD is still able to maintain its lead over the high-end USB 2.0 pen drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- AMD EPYC Milan CPU: Zen 3 on newer 7nm+ node teased
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update out, includes Nuketown map
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms