XFX 8600GT - The Package
One card down and another to go. Here we see that XFX is using the same X-design box it used in its GTS variant which is a great looking package. The front, again like the GTS, has the big, mean looking wolf man with lots of detail.
We also see some of the key features in regards to the card like 256MB of DDR3 memory, as with the Gigabyte, and an overclocked core speed of 620MHz which is why this model is marketed as a XXX version.
Turning over gives us some key features and in the middle we have a cutout window that lets us see the actual card. Across the bottom we also have a number of logos including dual-DVI, dual-link DVI and HDTV ready.
This is quite a light package though we do receive 2 DVI-VGA connectors and an S-video cable. The only other extras are the obligatory driver CD, manual, and quick install guide.
Although it is nice to have a second DVI-VGA connector, there are some key components that should have also been included since the price tag of this XFX card will sit close to that of the Gigabyte one. We would have liked to have seen a game, maybe Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter like the GTS, along with some component HDTV cables. The 8600GTS was a move in the right direction but it unfortunately looks like XFX has stepped back again with the GT model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ