Gigabyte 8600GT - The Package
Initially when I opened the box I was not sure if Gigabyte had made a mistake and sent me a copy of Supreme Commander instead of a new 8600GT graphics card. Gigabyte have been doing the same setup for quite a while now, and it is nice too see something a little different.
Apart from the giant Supreme Commander image on the front of the box we have our normal lineup of information, 256MB DDR3, dual-link DVI, HDTV and PCI Express. We can also see some awards that Supreme Commander has earned, including Best Strategy Game of E3 2006.
Turning the box over we get some more detail on the card along with some of its main features. The 2 biggest parts on the back of the box include some blurb on the Silent-Pipe II that the card utilizes along with information on Supreme Commander.
Diving inside, the package seems a bit on the light side with just a single DVI-VGA connector and a breakout box for the TV-out functionality. A manual and driver CD are also included, as you would expect, along with the full copy of Supreme Commander mentioned already.
The package is well above average but we have to say it would have been nice for Gigabyte to include some of the cables needed to make use of TV-out, even if it was just a simple RCA or S-video cable. A second DVI-VGA connector would have also been welcome but it is good to see at least one is included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit