CeBIT 2007 coverage from Taiwan - Part 1
CeBIT is the largest computer trade show in the world held annually in Hannover, Germany in March. It's a massive show with a huge amount of display halls and many thousands of visitors and exhibitors. We decided not to go and in fact, we've never been before. Are we completely crazy being an online computer publication and not attending the largest computer show in the world? We don't think so and here are the reasons why.
Since we are based in Taiwan we always have the unique opportunity to see things before most others interested eyes. Granted sometimes it might take some added persuasion to make things happen, usually its doable when you know the right people. This year instead of trekking half way across the world to a place that is exceedingly cold with over the top hotel prices, we visited a handful of companies here in Taipei. Most of the companies we would visit in Germany are Taiwanese anyway, so we should have a good chance at seeing everything that we would have if we were to travel all the way to CeBIT.
Unsure at first of how successful the endeavor would be, in the end we were pleased with our findings. We visited a range of companies and got a bunch of exclusive information with the aim of providing interesting coverage on a range of products from the likes of Intel, AMD, nVidia, Gigabyte, GeCube, FSP, Foxconn, MSI, TEAM Memory, ABIT, ASUS and Albatron.
We managed to get the low down on Intel's upcoming P35 Bearlake chipset with native 1333 FSB and DDR-3 memory support. We got our first look at some brand spankin' new DDR-3 memory modules. Albatron was showing working nVidia MXM modules along with some fancy Mini-ITX motherboards. TEAM Memory showed us 64GB and 128GB IDE and SATA Solid State drives. MSI were showing a range of new products including a portable device capable of picking up digital TV on the run. ABIT showed us a range of their upcoming Intel Bearlake motherboards and the list goes on.
Put your seatbelt on for Part 1 and prepare yourself for the ride! We are bringing you this content about a full day before CeBIT Germany 2007 begins and well ahead of any other publications. Part 2 will be online March 14th covering everything else that wasn't covered here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM