HIS Radeon X1950PRO IceQ3 Turbo VIVO
Information wise the front of the box of the Radeon X1950PRO is very similar to that of the X1650XT, we can clearly see that it is an IceQ3 Turbo card along with the main specifications in regards to the card like, PCI Express, VIVO, a couple Dual Link DVI ports, 256MB of GDDR-3 memory, HDCP and more. Like the X1650XT it is also Vista ready.
Turning the box over you can see the card in all its glory through the plastic cover. It is a great box design as it also highlights some of the key features that are included on the card and what the IceQ3 cooling fan is capable of. Across the bottom like the Radeon X1650XT we can see a few of the hundreds of awards that HIS have one.
Opening up the box and diving inside we get a nice little bundle - included is VIVO cables to make use of the Video In / Video Out functionality, a couple DVI to VGA connectors, HDTV-out cable, HIS bonus DVD with a number of Cyberlink goodies and a copy of Flat Out. Finally we also have the much needed Crossfire link bridge cable for those who intend on purchasing a second and making use of the Crossfire dual graphics capabilities on supported motherboards.
In typical IceQ fashion there isn't much to the card as the giant cooler takes up the entire front space of the card. We can see the copper heat pipe running across the top of the card along with the copper memory sinks to keep everything on the card as cool as possible. We also have the new Crossfire connectors located at the top.
With the card being a higher-end mid-range card, it is required to have the 6-pin PCI Express power plug located in the middle of the card as opposed to the top where we would normally find it.
The I/O side of things is very standard with a couple of DVI ports (Dual Link and HDCP capable) and of course the TV-out port that is also capable of video in a feature as a bonus which that is not included on a lot of graphics cards these days. Also like all IceQ cards it does require a total of two slots which is becoming more and more standard these days when it comes to mid-range and above graphics cards.
Coming in under the iTurbo naming scheme the card does get a slight bump in core and memory speed, the 256MB of GDDR-3 memory comes clocked at 1.48GHz DDR and core clock speed gets a slight bump to 620MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HIS Radeon X1650XT iSilenceII]
- Page 3 [HIS Radeon X1950PRO IceQ3 Turbo VIVO]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- AOC release their curved AG322QCX QHD 144Hz monitor
- Battlegrounds hits 1.5 million concurrent users
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card