HIS Radeon X1650XT iSilenceII
The HIS box is very standard with all the important information located on the front of the card, some of the main features include the fact that the card is HDCP ready, silent, 256MB of GDDR-3 memory, PCI Express, Dual Dual Link DVI and like all current ATI cards completely Vista ready.
Turning the box over there is a picture of the card along with some extended specifications. We can also see again some of the more important features included on the card, the fact that it is capable of being used in a Crossfire dual graphics (hardware link bridge or software in this case) configuration.
Contents of the box are pretty standard, HDTV out cables along with an S-Video cable and S-Video to RCA plug, single DVI to VGA connector and Crossfire link bridge cable. Paperwork wise we have the manual, along with the standard driver CD and the HIS Bonus DVD which has Dungeon Siege included along with a number of demos and applications.
Moving onto the card itself we are seeing for the first time the new iSilenceII cooler from HIS. Like most silent coolers, it looks great but when you touch it, you notice that it was clearly designed to be an extremely high quality cooler. It doesn't have that typical cheap feel that we see on a lot of silently cooled graphics cards. Being silent and with support for HDCP for next-generation HD content playback, it would make a great card for your home theater PC With it being an entry level mid-range card, no additional power is needed which is handy for people with older or less powerful power supplies.
Most of the card is pretty standard but with the card being silently cooled and needing to be larger than standard, it does take up a total of two slots. We can also see that we have two DVI ports which both support Dual Link connectivity for users of 30" LCD monitors and our standard TV-out plug. As mentioned, both DVI ports are HDCP capable which means you'll be able to use this graphics card to playback next-generation HD move content from HD-DVD or Blu-ray discs on your PC.
Specification wise the card isn't too bad either, 256MB of GDDR-3 of memory onboard with a 1.38GHz DDR clock speed as well as a 575MHz core clock speed. The card overall just from the look and feel leaves you thinking that it is an extremely well thought out card with quality and silence in mind.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HIS Radeon X1650XT iSilenceII]
- Page 3 [HIS Radeon X1950PRO IceQ3 Turbo VIVO]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD confirms next-gen Ryzen CPUs for Q1 2018
- Uber settles lawsuit with Indian rape victim
- Outlast games coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018
- Anheuser-Busch places order for 40 Tesla Semi trucks
- Celebrities will answer your Google search questions
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series