HIS in our opinion just about always manage to produce a high quality and well thought out graphics card. There is no denying that and we can honestly say that the new silent heat pipe solution used on the X1650XT iSilenceII is one of the highest quality cooling devices we have ever seen before. You pay more for a HIS graphics card but you can see why.
The bundle as always is our biggest gripe; it really does need to be changed - with a similar bundle across the board, it does get very old, very quickly. HIS really need to look into including some new fun games into the bundle. While the bundle isn't small, if you're someone who has a HIS graphics card from 12 months ago and choosing to upgrade to the latest model, you will find that it's probably almost the same and that's just crazy. Update your packages HIS!
Performance is one of the key aspects to any graphic card and it's clear that the cards can perform in the right situation. If you're on a monitor that doesn't support above 1280 x 1024, aren't interested in any form of AA or AF and don't mind taking a hit in the quality department on some of the more recent releases, the HIS Radeon X1650XT is a good option. Since it's silently cooled and supports plenty of video output options including HDCP support, it will also make a great HTPC option. On the other hand, if the nVidia GeForce 8800 series is out of your budget and you want a card that will run most games pretty well at 1920 x 1200 with standard quality settings (or even if you want to have higher quality settings at 1280 x 1024 or 1600 x 1200), the HIS Radeon X1950PRO is going to be the better option and it's not very loud either using its new IceQ3 cooler and slightly overclocked "Turbo" configuration. With that said though it's going to be your wallet or purse that really decides what you buy.
Overclocking was just as we expected hence why we haven't placed any results, the Radeon X1950PRO offers an extremely limited overclock due to the core, it doesn't seem to matter what cooler device is used, it simply just won't overclock. The Radeon X1650XT also performed like any silent card. The cooling unit gets hot at stock speeds, so when you throw overclocking into the mix, the card simply doesn't handle it. If you want to overclock, it's not worth looking at a silent solution.
Both of these options from HIS are fantastic in their own right in our opinion and if you're willing to spend an extra few dollars moving to an HIS option compared to other cards that offer a stock cooling solution and a limited bundle and features, we would highly recommend them to you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HIS Radeon X1650XT iSilenceII]
- Page 3 [HIS Radeon X1950PRO IceQ3 Turbo VIVO]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct