Mid-range is clearly where the target market for both nVidia and ATI is when talking about graphics cards.
Today we have with us a total of four mid-range graphics cards - two from AMD and two from nVidia. While all cards are mid-range, it's clear that they sit at different end of the scales - let's call them low-end mid-range and high-end mid-range. The Radeon X1650XT and GeForce 7600GT sits at the lower end of the mid-range scale and at the other end we have the GeForce 7900GS and the Radeon X1950PRO. While offering high-end type performance, the 7900GS and X1950PRO still in belong at the mid-range level due to their pricing.
While we have had a look at most of the cards previously, we have never placed them all together and let them fight it out. Well, that is exactly what we are going to do today. Chuck all four in our test bed and benchmark them and see exactly where everything sits including the new Radeon X1650XT, which we haven't looked at before.
We will be having a brief look at the cards separated into an ATI and nVidia section. Then we will have a look at the test setup and get into our normal array of benchmarks. So let's not delay and see what we have with us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Red Team]
- Page 3 [The Green Team]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes